Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: All I Want For Teacher Appreciation Day

Jersey Jazzman: All I Want For Teacher Appreciation Day:


All I Want For Teacher Appreciation Day

I appreciate the lunch and the cards and the tweets and gifts and all the other little thank yous. I really do; we all do.

But you know what I really want today?



The Usual Suspects

Last Wednesday, while us teachers were actually in school and, you know, teaching, the usual elites were gathering at an "invitation only" event to talk about how they are going to save education from... I dunno, us? Must be, because we weren't invited.

But we're so lucky - Alexander Russo threw us a few crumbs:
COMING OUT FOR THE PARENT TRIGGER: It was notable to me that the organizers opened the summit with a screening of the parent trigger movie (Won't Back Down) and an appearance by Parent Revolution's Ben Austin, who also won one of NSVF's annual awards. From Two Million Minutes to Waiting For "Superman" to Race To Nowhere, the potential power of mass media to shape public option is clear, but the reform community has been