Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Schools Matter: Remember AYP? They Still Know What It Is at Fruithurst Elementary

Schools Matter: Remember AYP? They Still Know What It Is at Fruithurst Elementary:


Remember AYP? They Still Know What It Is at Fruithurst Elementary

Valerie Strauss shared this.  Hope you do, too:
 
This was written by Larry Lee of Montgomery, Alabama, former executive director of the Covington County Economic Development Commission and the West Central Partnership of Alabama. Lee, who writes often about education, sent the following email to friends and other people whom he thought would be interested. He gave me permission to publish it.

Larry Lee’s email:

Friends,
 
I have long felt that we need to have a statewide conversation about “What is education?” rather than continue to bounce from one “flavor of the month” ed reform notion to the next. And had you been with me [a week ago on] Monday, I think this point would have been made loud and clear.
 
I got up at 5 a.m. to drive 115 miles so I could be at Fruithurst Elementary in Cleburne County by