Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Old superintendents. « Fred Klonsky

Old superintendents. « Fred Klonsky:


Old superintendents.

I got a call yesterday from Dr. Fred.
About ten years ago and for about ten years before that he was our district’s superintendent.
In case you haven’t noticed, I’m not a great fan of administrators.
But every once in a while one comes along that makes me think twice.
Dr. Fred called to apologize for missing my retirement party (write me for details about time and place). He retired and is living out west now. He told me he would have come but his niece is getting married that same weekend in some little town 100 miles south of Chicago.
I know the place. It’s a farming town founded by German immigrants over 100 years ago. I know the place