Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, April 27, 2012

Learning is Fun! (Or, Not). « InterACT

Learning is Fun! (Or, Not). « InterACT:


Learning is Fun! (Or, Not).

slowLearning is often a slow process. (photo by David B. Cohen)
Yesterday I choked at my violin recital.  My teacher introduced me to the tiny audience, counted off, a-one and a-two, we started to play “The Road to Boston” and it was all going fine until! we got onto the second line of the music and I lost it.  Didn’t know where we were or how to get back or anything.  It was as though I had never even seen that music before.  My teacher played through her part and then walked me off the stage.  She didn’t say a lot about it but I knew I had embarrassed her, if not myself.  She’s my teacher and my choking made her look bad.
I’d like to say it wasn’t my fault! Something went wrong! It was out of my control!  But the truth is, I didn’t