Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Schools Matter: Teacher, Julie Cavanagh, on Test Scores

Schools Matter: Teacher, Julie Cavanagh, on Test Scores:

Teacher, Julie Cavanagh, on Test Scores

From the NYDaily News
According to the numbers, I am a highly effective New York City public school teacher. But you won’t see me jumping for joy over the news.

My teacher data report, along with those of 18,000 other teachers, was released last week by the Education Department after a lengthy legal battle. That report says I have a career rating that falls at or above the 95th percentile in both English and math (as measured through a complex formula that takes into account the gains my students made on standardized tests, compared with gains made by students in similar classrooms across the city).