Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 6, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Seattle Schools Blog Film Festival

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Seattle Schools Blog Film Festival:

Seattle Schools Blog Film Festival

I don't know how other people's minds work, but I often get a sort of spark of an idea. It's as if I see it brilliantly, but only for a split second. Then, although everything has gone dark and I can't find it anymore, I know the answer is out there. We're all familiar with this experience. You're working on a problem and all of a sudden someone says "I've got it!" But the next moment they are hunting around as if for a lost contact lens. After that initial blinding insight, I grope around and grope around until I can sorta find it again. Even then, after I have found it, I have a lot of work to do before I can cogently express it and intellectually know it. There's a real sense of accomplishment at that point, but all of that work has been intellectual which, of course, is not enough. Sometimes, even after the idea has been shaped and polished it still proves useless. After I have all of