Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Diary of a Social Art-tivist Mommy: If one more economist, think tank millionaire tells me how to fix education I will personally invite them to teach my class for a week

Diary of a Social Art-tivist Mommy: If one more economist, think tank millionaire tells me how to fix education I will personally invite them to teach my class for a week:

If one more economist, think tank millionaire tells me how to fix education I will personally invite them to teach my class for a week

I am sure we have all read it by now. The big Harvard study, done by three economist, that has come out last week in which they claim proves a good teacher can mean more earning over a lifetime. I did some reading on this supposed 'research' and was appalled to find out it has not even been peer reviewed; which apparently is what typically happens before any results are reported to the public. In addition, the authors are making pretty bold 'policy prescriptions'. I cannot wait to get my hands on this publication, when and if it ever gets out; already I see holes everywhere. The icing on the cake though is to read how think tank scholars Jason Richwine and Andrew G. Biggs advocate for "shifting more funds toward the best teachers." As I read about