Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday coffee + Old school « Fred Klonsky

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky:

Saturday coffee.

December 1st. Occupy Lincoln Center. The great modern American composer Philip Glass.

Friday morning she runs into my room before the 9:30 kindergarten class arrives and drops an envelope on my desk.

“Your evaluation. Sign it and get it back to me.”

Then my principal scurries out of my room.

By state law my performance as a teacher must be evaluated every two years. Even though I retire in June, it doesn’t matter. This year I am what is known as on evaluation.

Unlike some districts, our evaluation procedures are pretty rigorous. They were designed through negotiations between our union local and the board of education. They provide both opportunities for struggling teachers to


Old school.

Freddy Fender.

Popout

Share this: