Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Curriculum & Instruction Meeting Review

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Curriculum & Instruction Meeting Review:

Curriculum & Instruction Meeting Review

I attended the C&I meeting on Monday. There were some interesting discussions. Sadly, I missed the one on innovation schools as I misheard and thought it was struck from the agenda. Turns out it was moved to the end of the agenda and there is an MOU between the SEA and SPS that I will write a separate thread on at a later time.

Highlights:


Skills Center - I was glad to see this has not gone away. As you may recall, Dr. Goodloe-Johnson was trying to create a Skills Center for CTE (career and technical education) and there was some sort of funding from the state that was being sought.

There will be four programs next fall according to Shep Siegel, SPS CTE head. (He did not hand out materials