Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday morning. A Wisconsin teacher story. « Fred Klonsky

Monday morning. A Wisconsin teacher story. « Fred Klonsky:

Monday morning. A Wisconsin teacher story.

Here’s a good story to get your blood flowing and start the week. From Mr. Helper on Daily Kos.

I just got off the phone with my wife. She and another Wisconsin teacher are actively subverting Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s plans to demoralize and discourage Wisconsin teachers from doing their jobs.

Like ALL Wisconsin teachers, my wife is making considerably less money this year. For a while, I thought that meant she would be doing less for her students. Similar to teachers across this great country, my wife has always invested heavily in her students, and not just with her time.

My wife just gave me a thrill, and I hope you’re as proud of her as I am. More below the squiggly