Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Seattle School Board Meeting - My Testimony Tonight

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: Seattle School Board Meeting - My Testimony Tonight:

Seattle School Board Meeting - My Testimony Tonight


About TFA – what a long, strange trip it has been. It seems apparent at this point that our former superintendent didn’t have any real donors lined up – she just assumed they would materialize. Another in the long list of mistakes she made.

It’s good to have that settled except that the press release doesn’t make it clear whether Seattle Foundation is paying for two years or one. I tried to get confirmation from Communications but they said they didn’t know and I should ask the Foundation and I have been trying with no success. It might be good to iron out that point.

One delicate issue is that the Seattle Foundation named several donors. Among them are two that have contributed heavily to the campaigns of the directors running for reelection.

I would just gently point out that it is one thing to have campaign supporters who you know care about particular