Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How Did They Get Those Test Results? « City School Stories

Reflections: Then and Now « City School Stories

How Did They Get Those Test Results?

Submitted by Frank Murphy: July 12, 2011

In the school world, July and August are historically slow paced and uneventful months. During these summer days, taking a break from the regular routines of the work year is the typical thing to do. This time also offers a good opportunity to catch up on work that has been put off for too long.

After a busy school year of posting book installments and topical themes, I have been looking forward to slowing the pace at cityschoolstories.com. My intention is to spend most of my writing time this summer off-line. While doing so, I plan to keep the blog active by reposting some of my favorite pieces from the past year. These will be ones I think are worth saying at least one more time.

I choose today’s selection after reading this post on the Notebook. It relates the results of