Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 23, 2011

School Tech Connect: The Questions You Never Get To Ask

School Tech Connect: The Questions You Never Get To Ask

The Questions You Never Get To Ask

totally unrelated picture of Scout
I like Linda Lutton. She doesn't always ask the questions I would ask, and although this interview with rags-to- riches-to-more-riches heiress-turned-subprime lending titan Penny Pritzker is full of softballs, Lutton is really a very credible reporter on the whole. So this isn't a criticism of Linda Lutton; she can go ahead and ask whatever the heck she wants.

My problem is always with the questions that don't get asked and followed up upon. If I had a microphone and five minutes with Penny, or really anyone involved in making decisions on behalf of the public, here's what I would try to get at:

What were the characteristics of the schools where you sent your own