Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, June 4, 2011

School Tech Connect: Forever Is Enough

School Tech Connect: Forever Is Enough

Forever Is Enough

I'm still officially on shore leave, but I thought I'd chime in for a moment to post some of the letter I received from Rep. Kelly Cassidy (D-14) in response to a small avalanche of faxes, emails, and voice messages I left to her during the recent pension fracas. Kelly is fabulous-- a Democrat who seems to be actually interested in the little guy, unlike the stand-for-nothing head of her legislative house.

(For the life of me I can't get embedit.in to work tonight, so I'm just going with screenshots.) (By the way, this is not a private letter so I don't feel wonky about publishing it here.) (I'll lighten up on the parentheses now.) Here's one paragraph from her letter:
I like it. "...based on promises they had every reason to believe were reliable over their years of service and contribution to the plan." Very well put.

And then there's this, which is fabulous, but also disturbing in the same way a placekicker suddenly realizes the