Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 10, 2011

Finishing another project. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Finishing another project. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Finishing another project.

For the twenty-sixth time I watched as the fifth graders paraded out of the building. This year to the tune of something peppy. I didn’t recognize the tune. But you could dance to it and it had a good beat, as they used to say on American Bandstand when I was a kid.

When the fifth graders were gone, I started to do a bad boogie past the fourth graders who all clapped and laughed. Laughing more than clapping. Then I grabbed Linda by the hand and we did a little swing to the accompaniment of more clapping and laughing.

This is when I start saying, “This will be the last time I will …”

My colleagues have already warned me that it will drive them nuts. I should stop now. It is annoying.