Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: TFA - UW and SPS and Outcomes

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: TFA - UW and SPS and Outcomes

TFA - UW and SPS and Outcomes

I have to thank so many of you for your input. You don't know how many times someone either reaches out to me at my Save Seattle Schools e-mail (sss.westbrook@gmail.com) or writes something here that sticks in my brain. It's like a phantom itch; it doesn't matter how much you scratch, you can't make it go away.

So I think I have figured out (and some of you probably as well) why TFA is so damn sure they'll be putting their recruits into SPS. That Wendy Kopp doesn't even try to demur should tell you something. (Janis Ortega, the regional TFA director, does the same thing in her e-mails to the Dean of the UW's College of Education. Funny, he never asks her why she's so sure.)

They are sure because I would bet money that the district has a quiet agreement (beyond the contract) about