Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday coffee. A chill wind out of Wisconsin. « Fred Klonsky's blog #1u #mnunion #wiunion

Saturday coffee. A chill wind out of Wisconsin. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Saturday coffee. A chill wind out of Wisconsin.

Wisconsin Senator Joe McCarthy.

It’s Spring break and there’s a chill wind.

Although it isn’t getting warm this week in Chicago, I’m not talking about the weather.

William Cronon, the Wisconsin professor is the victim of a Republican FOIA request (or the Wisconsin version), because he dared to criticize Wisconsin Governor Hosni Walker. Of course, the same thing happened to me a month ago when my emails were demanded and received by a mini-group of right-wing weasels out of Michigan.

Witch hunters.

This morning I was sent a blog by a teacher who reported on Cronon and said, “See why I blog anonymously.”

That’s the chill wind.

Look. I’m not telling people what to do. I don’t know the circumstances in the district you teach in. But I don’t blog anonymously and never have. And I’m still here. I still teach. I still speak. I still blog.

The little terrorist Kyle Olson who runs the mini-outfit in Michigan promised to make “a project” out of me. I never