Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Daily Kos: Bob Herbert's last NY Times column

Daily Kos: Bob Herbert's last NY Times column

Bob Herbert's last NY Times column

is titled Losing Our Way. I have been so inspired by his writing in recent years, often using his columns as the basis for my own writing, I felt that I owed him one more diary on this his final column, even though I will disagree in part with his focus, since as I explained in this piece several days ago I support the intervention in Libya. His has been a voice that has focused the nation's attention on inequality, that which still exists with respect to race, and certainly that of our increasing economic inequity.

As is often the case with his bi-weekly columns, I could merely say "read it" and that would be sufficient. But I find his words provoke my thoughts, and so it is with the final column.