Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

We Live and Breathe Testing « InterACT

We Live and Breathe Testing « InterACT

We Live and Breathe Testing

What follows in this blog post is a series of emails I exchanged with a friend who teaches in Los Angeles. I’ve edited the content to eliminate extraneous material, and to protect this person’s identity, for reasons my correspondent mentions in one of the messages. This teacher has not always taught in Los Angeles, and so I asked for some observations about the differences. My messages are in plain text, and the responses are italicized. (These emails were not originally written for publication, and so they retain a certain informality in diction and style).

Dear [Friend],

Do you keep up with the politics and policy in LAUSD and other local districts? Charter schools, magnets,