Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 10, 2010

This Week In Education: Thompson: The Link Between Bathroom Breaks & Tasers

This Week In Education: Thompson: The Link Between Bathroom Breaks & Tasers

Thompson: The Link Between Bathroom Breaks & Tasers

MurrybWhen a student asks for a bathroom pass, I always told my kids, the proper answer is "of course." If there was a reason why I could not issue a pass at a certain time, I owed the students a respectful explanation. Because the system could not assess disciplinary consequences on chronically disruptive students, I would acknowledge, the entire school remained in perpetual


Charters: Ten Things Charters Won't Tell You

From the Wall Street Journal's SmartMoney series, no less:

1. We're no better than public schools.

2. Our teachers aren’t certified.

3. Plus, they keep quitting.

4. Students with disabilities need not apply.