Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 10, 2010

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: A real provocation

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: A real provocation

A real provocation

I must admit, when I first read about the attack on the royal Roller, I was pissed that some provocateur or anarchistic crazy had managed to knock yesterday's London student marches out of the morning headlines (they didn't).

But now that I've had my morning decaf, I'm imagining Prince Charles & Duchess of Cornwall (where the hell is Cornwall anyway?), adorned in formal theatre wear, driving their bullet-proof Rolls into the heart of a mass student anti-tuition raise/anti-education cuts march. Well now, THAT'S a provocation. Like waving a red flag in front of the proverbial bull, I'd say. Just imagine the symbolism here, particularly after the royals just announced