Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Damn Good Education Daily

Damn Good Education Daily
Damn Good Education Daily

californiawatch.org - Arvind Balaraman/freedigitalphotos.net A major squabble between Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and his adversaries on K-12 funding early in his administration has had a positive outcome: higher test sc...

emilyschoolsyou

voices.washingtonpost.com - In a paean to Bill Gates, Newsweek's Jonathan Alter calls Diane Ravitch the Microsoft founder's "chief adversary."It's the world's richest (or second richest) man vs. an education historian and New...

cajacobson

blogs.edweek.org - Dear Deborah,I hope you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving, and I wish the same to all of our readers and friends.The struggle for control of American education continues to evolve at a dizzy...

mikeklonsky


edublogawards.com - Nov 11th, 2010 by Sue Waters. Here’s what you’ve all been waiting for! The Edublogs Awards 2010 is now underway. We’re following the same approach as last two years, namely asking you to: Post your...

tomwhitby


accomplishedcaliforniateachers.wordpress.com - Here are my nominations for the The 2010 Edublog Awards. I thought I’d crank this out in half an hour, and it has taken days. I realize I owe a great debt to all of these educators and writers wh...