Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Whining Seattle Public Schools community blog

Seattle Public Schools community blog

Whining

Seattle Parent wrote:
Frankly, all the incessant whining and bash-the-billionaires, knee jerk "advocacy", reform hand-wringing etc. really motivated me to vote for the levy. All the complaints about the "oh so horrid" audit which turned up a few thousand here and there. Why does everybody think they should get a say? I'll take MGJ and her levy over the commenters here any day. If you want to run for office, do so.

At the end of the day, no organization is perfect. They all have waste, and accountability issues. That doesn't mean you shouldn't fund them.
There's a lot here to consider, and I think that we should consider it.

Let's start with whining. I can't stand whining. I think that if my generation had a motto it would be "No Whining". Whining is identifying a problem and expecting someone else to solve it. It