Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Don’t mess with my TRS. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Don’t mess with my TRS. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Don’t mess with my TRS.

I have paid my contribution to the Teacher Retirement System out of my paycheck my entire teaching career.

The state has not been as responsible in making their promised contribution.

Tim Furman at School Tech Connect suggests we send a communication to our state legislators regarding SB 3415, which would allow the selling of bonds to raise funds for the state to meet their TRS obligations.

Dear ________

I’m concerned about the state’s commitment to TRS and IMRF, and I want to know if you’re in support of SB3415. For the record, I support this legislation: I think it’s the responsible thing to do. I worried that the Republicans in Illinois will be perfectly happy to just continue skipping the state’s pension obligations until the system collapses.

Please left me know if you are in support of this bill, and if not, what are your reasons.

Sincerely,