Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 26, 2010

My response to Nancy Flanagan’s post in Teacher In a Strange Land… � Teacher Reality

My response to Nancy Flanagan’s post in Teacher In a Strange Land… � Teacher Reality

My response to Nancy Flanagan’s post in Teacher In a Strange Land…

Thought I’d share my response to Nancy Flanagan’s post in Teacher in a Strange Land. I recommend you read her post, Katrina Nation: Driving Past Public Schools. You can find it here: http://bit.ly/cKiDS3

Here’s what I wrote in reply to her request that we need suggestions from committed people who are working in our most challenging poor schools – long term….

Excellent points, Nancy.

I work in a Title I school that is labeled as a “failing school”. We are working hard and working very long days to bring up the scores of our students. There is only so much we can do without killing ourselves with stress and