Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Connection between High-tech Innovations and School Reform � Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

The Connection between High-tech Innovations and School Reform � Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

The Connection between High-tech Innovations and School Reform

When asked how I got interested in the uses of technology in schools and classrooms, I answer that I was the target for a quarter-century of high-tech innovations and classroom reforms when I taught high school history and as a district administrator in two urban school systems.

I then say that I have been trained as an historian and studied many efforts of reformers to improve schooling over the past century in U.S. classrooms, schools, and districts. I examined how teachers have taught since the 1890s. I investigated policymakers’ constant changes in curriculum since the 1880s. I analyzed the origins of the