Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Please help … � jimae

Please help … � jimae

Please help …

Hello,

I hope this letter finds you well today! I am training for my second race with Team In Training, and I am writing to ask you to assist me in raising money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

On October 17, 2010 I will be running the Nike Women’s Marathon and Half Marathon to celebrate our fundraising efforts and to continue to raise awareness of the need to blood cancer research. This season I am running on behalf of my friend, Chris, who was diagnosed with Hodgekin’s Lymphoma just a few months ago. Thanks to past fundraising, research, and awareness of the need to find a cure for blood cancers, Chris was able to receive the medicines, therapies, and treatments that he needed to fight his battle with cancer. Today his cancer is gone and he is finishing his fight with his last radiation treatments. Soon we will be able to celebrate his victory!!

But, sadly not everyone can share in our excitement. Did you know that blood cancers are the second most fatal form f cancer, second only to lung cancer? In the 1960’s, the childhood Leukemia survival rate was 4%! Today it is 87%! However, it is still the leading cause of cancer-death in patients under the age of 20. We need all the help possible to get to a 100% survival rate! Please help! With your donation, you will be able to say that you helped get one step closer to changing this statistic, and finding a cure for blood cancers!

I strongly encourage you to consider making a donation and being a part of this opportunity. My fundraising goal for this season is $1,900. Can you be one of my 19 personal sponsors and donate a minimum of $100? Can you help me raise money to find a cure for blood cancers?

All donations must be accounted for by Saturday, September 25, 2010.

Please take a moment to visit these two sites;

My personal fundraising page at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sac/nikesf10/jwilson.

Giving Back – my personal and training blog at: www.jimae.wordpress.com

I want to thank you for being such a great support and influence in my life! I am excited to share this adventure with you! I still have many, many training miles to go before I cross my finish line, on October 17, but your support will surely help me get there faster! I would be truly honored if you would make a donation to support our fight to find a cure for blood cancers. If you have any questions, or would like to email me, please feel free to contact me at jimae@wilsonfotografie.com.

Sincerely,

Mae

Jimae S. H. Wilson