Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 28, 2010

“Oil Spill Remedies: Trial and Error in Deep Water” | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

“Oil Spill Remedies: Trial and Error in Deep Water” | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

“Oil Spill Remedies: Trial and Error in Deep Water”

Oil Spill Remedies: Trial and Error in Deep Water is an interactive graphic from The New York Times examining the various attempts to stop the Gulf Oil Spill.
I’m adding it to The Best Sites To Learn About The Gulf Oil Spill.

“Critically Endangered Creatures” Slideshow


Oil Spill Update


Here’s What I’m Doing For My Class Final Exam

Our school has been very fortunate by working with Jayne Marlink from the California Writing Project over the past two years. She has been working with all of our English teachers to help us become better teachers of writing.
Largely because of her suggestions at a session with her today, I’ve developed a plan for what I think should be a useful “final exam” for my mainstream ninth-grade English class, and thought readers might find it useful/interesting — and help me make it better!
Students in all our English classes at the beginning of the school year read a very short text and responded to a prompt. Then, this month, we gave them similar text and prompt to respond to, and we’re looking at both through