Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

LAUSD: The Original LOST - Perdaily.com

LAUSD: The Original LOST - Perdaily.com

LAUSD: The Original LOST

g804331_Lost-season2 mynd3.jpg
I am seriously considering writing a daytime soap about LAUSD called, "As The Stomach Turns." Given the 7 hours a day that I have to write which have pretty much been taken up the last four months with doing posts for perdaily, I am starting to get a little more free time in the afternoons as the teacher munchkins finally start to conquer their fear and cynicism and start talking about the high crimes and misdemeanors that they witness and suffer on a daily basis at the diabolical hands of the career education criminals that continue to run LAUSD.

Given the surreal aspect of LAUSD reality that I was finally able to substantiate during my trial yesterday on the 25th floor of edspeak central, I immediately thought of the 1967 popular British television series with Patrick McGoohan called The Prisoner, and with misguided egocentricity and a touch of feeling sorry for myself, I planned on making myself the hero of this bizarre daytime soap that teachers might crowd around to watch in the faculty lounge at nutrition or lunch. The folks at the studios in Hollywood always like to greenlight projects with a built in audience and what could have a higher TV quotient than the neverending story that is LAUSD -- the original Lost.

Just when I thought I had the idea squared away to a indispensable one-sentence pitch, "Teacher held captive in Miracle Mile resort-like house from 8am to 3pm, Monday through Friday, which is run by Stepford Wives like LAUSD administrators who are always "directing" him to do something with a smile on their faces that makes absolutely no sense," I sat down this afternoon to get it all down on my computer when the phone rang and everything changed.

It was Superintendent Ramon Cortines on the other end of the line. I must confess that I initially thought that he was calling to apologize for the hell his subordinates have been putting me through for the last nine months, which I have been religiously cc:ing him copies of the latest atrocity as it transpired, always hoping that Ray would somehow come galloping down my street on a white horse and rescue me from the evil doers at LAUSD,