Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Boss - Michael Chasen Sought to Wire Education Before Dot-Com Boom - NYTimes.com


The Boss - Michael Chasen Sought to Wire Education Before Dot-Com Boom - NYTimes.com:

"WHEN I was about 10 years old, my father, an endodontist, bought a Radio Shack-brand TRS Model III computer in order to track billing. At first, it stayed in a guest bedroom that doubled as an office. Within a few months, I had moved it into my bedroom."

My friend Billy Berger and I began to write programs and were soon writing them for local businesses. We got clients by word of mouth. Working on my own in high school, I charged as much as $25 an hour for computer consulting for local companies. I was always interested in technology and knew I wanted to run my own computer company one day.

I got an undergraduate degree in computer science at American University. Then I decided to get an M.B.A. with a specialization in accounting and follow that with a law degree.