Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Teacher Tom: We Will Win When We Love

Teacher Tom: We Will Win When We Love
We Will Win When We Love





Psychologist Carl Jung wrote, "Where love rules there is not a will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking." This, I think, is an important thing upon which modern educators in general, and early childhood educators in particular, could stand to meditate.

I strive to place love at the center of my practice, as I know is true of most of my colleagues. We genuinely love the children we teach and they love us. I've witnessed this to be widely true wherever I've visited. It's perhaps our greatest reward (because it sure isn't financial). When it goes as it should, we spend our days loving and being loved, swimming in it, breathing it. Our job is to keep them safe and to otherwise simply be there, loving them and helping them as they figure out how to connect with, to love, more people. This is the foundation of not just all learning, but all living in the fullest sense of the word.


When I look at our habitual idea of schooling, I see a lot of CONTINUE READING: 
Teacher Tom: We Will Win When We Love



Big Education Ape: Teacher Tom: Teacher Tom's Play Summit is Here: Together, Let's Turn This World Around - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2021/05/teacher-tom-teacher-toms-play-summit-is.html