Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, April 2, 2021

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 #REOPENSCHOOLSSAFELY #openonlywhensafe

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

The latest news and resources in education since 2007

THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2021/03/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_27.html



Excellent #DisruptTexts Class Discussion Guide To “The Hill We Climb”
I’ve previously shared about the great resource #DisruptTexts (see #DISRUPTTEXTS LOOKS LIKE AN EXCEPTIONAL RESOURCE WHERE ENGLISH TEACHERS CAN LEARN & CONTRIBUTE ). And I’ve shared a lot of resources about Amanda Gorman’s poetry (see THE BEST TEACHING & LEARNING RESOURCES ABOUT AMANDA GORMAN’S POETRY ). Now, they’ve come together – the wonderful #DisruptTexts team has developed a free discussion
Three New Resources To Help Support Our Asian-American Students
GDJ / Pixabay Here are new additions to TERRIBLE STATISTIC OF THE DAY: 3,800 “HATE INCIDENTS” AGAINST ASIANS DURING PANDEMIC: A ‘History of Exclusion, of Erasure, of Invisibility.’ Why the Asian-American Story Is Missing From Many U.S. Classrooms is from TIME. Dear Educators, It Is Time to Fight for Asian America is from Rethinking Schools.
Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists
(Note: I am going to publish this same post once each month to remind regular readers and inform newer ones about how to access my “Best” lists) As regular readers know, I have about 2,200 categorized and regularly updated “Best” lists. You can find all of them in broad categories here . The link to that page can also be found at the top right of my blog: My Best Of Series I also have them all on
Thursday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopening
wiredsmartio / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING (& SHOWING) WHAT SCHOOLS LOOK LIKE DURING THE PANDEMIC (you might also be interested in SCHOOLS WENT REMOTE A YEAR AGO – HERE ARE MY CHOICES FOR THE BEST PIECES WRITTEN ABOUT SCHOOL REOPENING SINCE THEN): If In-Person Schooling Is Essential, Wen Says Teachers Should Be Vaccinated is from NPR. What do swing voters think abo
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On Teachers Building Professional Learning Networks
My latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show is on teachers developing Professional Learning Networks (PLNs). I’m joined in the conversation by Kimiko Shibata, Angela Ward, Valentina Gonzalez, and Marci Harvey, who have all contributed written commentaries to my Ed Week column. I’m adding it to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions .
“‘Speak Up!’ & Even More Teaching Advice – From Teachers …”
‘Speak Up!’ & Even More Teaching Advice – From Teachers … is the headline of my latest Education Week column. Six educators continue this series of sharing the best teaching advice they’ve heard or given, including being willing to take risks. Here are some excerpts:
What End-Of-Year Student Activities Are You Planning?
Alexas_Fotos / Pixabay Last school year, I published a very popular Education Week column headlined Nine Ways to End This Crazy School Year Strong . It still has lots of great ideas applicable to this year, as does The Best Ways To Finish The School Year Strong . However, I’m still not sure how I’m planning to end it, and would love to hear from teachers about what they are thinking about doing.

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007