Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 19, 2021

Teacher Tom: EdHeroes: What if Education Focused on the Needs of Children and Families?

Teacher Tom: EdHeroes: What if Education Focused on the Needs of Children and Families?
EdHeroes: What if Education Focused on the Needs of Children and Families?




I was recently honored to be asked to shoot a short video for the Rybakov Foundation's 2021 EdHeroes conference. Their mission is to support families around the world by providing them access to quality education that is align first and foremost with the interests of families. 

I can think of no better way to transform our educational ecosystem than to focus on the needs of children and families. We all want our children to grow up to be competent citizens who can create, love, and choose. Without that, the rest is meaningless.

Anyone who knows me, is aware than I find it difficult to keep my remarks (on pretty much any topic) to the 15-20 minute range. I decided to tell my own story of growing from parent to educator. (For the full-sized version of the video, click here.)


******

It takes a village to raise a child. In this 6-part e-course I share my best practices to enable educators to make allies of the parents of the children they teach by bringing parents to the center of our work in the spirit of community, the kind of community every child needs. For more information and to register, click here. Act now to receive early bird pricing!

I put a lot of time and effort into this blog. If you'd like to support me please consider a small contribution to the cause. Thank you!