Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 #REOPENSCHOOLSSAFELY #openonlywhensafe

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

The latest news and resources in education since 2007

THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2021/03/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_13.html


“Introducing Primary Sources to Students”
Introducing Primary Sources to Students is the headline of my latest Education Week column. Five educators share strategies for introducing primary sources to students, including English-language learners. Here are some excerpts: I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Using Primary Sources .
A Beginning List Of The Best Resources For Using Google Jamboards With English Language Learners – Please Add Your Own!
I know there are a ton of resources out there for using Google Jamboards in distance learning. However, I wanted to specifically being a list of resources for teachers working with English Language Learners (obviously, some Jamboard activities are good for ELLs and for everybody else). Please suggest additions either in the comments here, or on Twitter or Facebook. Here’s what I have so far: 5 wa
Tuesday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
geralt / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL (you might also be interested in SCHOOLS WENT REMOTE A YEAR AGO – HERE ARE MY CHOICES FOR THE BEST PIECES WRITTEN ABOUT SCHOOL REOPENING SINCE THEN): Debate, angst and many questions emerge over L.A. school reopening plans is from The L.A. Times. About half of LAUSD students won’t return t
“Eight Ways to Teach With Primary Sources”
Eight Ways to Teach With Primary Sources is the headline of my latest Education Week column. Four educators share ways they use primary sources with students, including a strategy called “Zoom.” Here are some excerpts:
I Still Can’t Believe We Have To Make Standardized Test Plans The Same Time We’re Planning A Return To The Physical Classroom
geralt / Pixabay I’ve already shared many resources explaining why the decision to require standardized testing this year makes very little sense (see Why Is The Biden Administration Decision To Have Standardized Tests This Year An Extremely Unwise One? Let Me Count The Ways ). I laid out my perspective simply in a Twitter thread I thought readers here might find useful: Will teachers in the fall
Reflections From My Students On What They’ve Lost & Learned, & What They Need
sasint / Pixabay Last month, I published Neema Avashia’s guest post at my Ed Week column, Students Respond to Adults’ Fixation on ‘Learning Loss.’ It was a great post, and I shared more related commentaries at Trying To Bring Research, Sanity, Teacher Expertise & Student Voice To The “Learning Loss” Discussion. I took the questions that Neema asked her students, made some very minor modifications
My Favorite Student Comment On An Anonymous Class Evaluation
Yesterday, I shared HOW MY THEORY OF KNOWLEDGE STUDENTS EVALUATED OUR CLASS – AND ME! Though I listed many student comments, I should have highlighted my favorite one that was written in response to asking students to give my teaching a grade: “A-, Could be an A+ if he were more organized because sometimes class is a bit of a mess” Truer words have never been spoken about a year of full-time dist

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007