Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO CONSIDER – Dad Gone Wild

THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO CONSIDER – Dad Gone Wild
THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO CONSIDER




“It’s not enough to conquer the opposition. In a nonviolent struggle, we are committed to fight on until we win our adversaries as friends.”
― William J. Barber II, The Third Reconstruction: Moral Mondays, Fusion Politics, and the Rise of a New Justice Movement

 

A few weeks ago, in the comment section on one of my blog posts, an observation was made about my tendency towards tilting at windmills. It’s an observation I can’t really dispute. After all the first gift I ever bought my wife was a hardcover copy of Don Quixote. It’s a safe bet that I’m guilty as charged.

It’s with that spirit that I attempt this blog post this morning. One that common sense tells me I should leave unwritten, yet I remain compelled to write it. Probably against my better interests, but hopefully a few will benefit and maybe it will lead to a deeper dive into history. So please accept it in the spirit it’s delivered.

It’s not a post that is ostensibly about education, but it is. The purported importance of education is CONTINUE READING: THERE IS ALWAYS MORE TO CONSIDER – Dad Gone Wild