Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Fred Smith: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas | Diane Ravitch's blog

Fred Smith: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas | Diane Ravitch's blog
Fred Smith: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas



We have a pride of poets on this blog. The following was written by testing expert Fred Smith, who advised the New York City Board of Education back in the days before Testmania. Fred now advises opt out parent groups.

‘Twas the night before Christmas and in the Snow House

Sat a duck-assed old fat man with botoxic spouse. 

This may be my last chance to go through the list,           

And give gifts to people who’ve made me real pissed. 
    

Whether I like them or hate, it’s ever the same,                 

They’re bound to go down in my endless blame game:     
             
To my faithless AG and once true legal goon,                      

Yeah, Bill Barr you left me, so come kiss my moon.


As to Mitch, the traitor, who upped and caved in,            

Here’s a carton of face masks to cover your chin;         

And for Rudolph, the red-faced, sputt’ring buffoon,                  

What would be more fitting than a golden spittoon;       

CONTINUE READING: Fred Smith: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas | Diane Ravitch's blog