Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, June 22, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY: Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...




Video: “Who Is Responsible For Climate Change? – Who Needs To Fix It?”
geralt / Pixabay I’m adding this new video to The Best Sites To Learn About Climate Change . You can see all the data appearing in the video here .
Video: Disney Releases “Hamilton” Trailer Prior To July 3rd Release
Disney+ will be premiering a showing of “Hamilton” with the original cast on July 3rd, and they just released this trailer for it. You might be interested in The Best Teaching/Learning Resources On The Musical, “Hamilton”
“Q&A Collections: School Closures & the Coronavirus Crisis”
Q&A Collections: School Closures & the Coronavirus Crisis is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. Sixty posts – including commentaries, videos and infographics – are listed, with practical advice for teachers dealing with remote teaching now and in the future. Here’s an excerpt from one of them:
A Look Back: The Headlines You See About NAEP Scores Don’t Tell The Whole Story….
I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from the first half of this year. You can see the entire collection of best posts from the past thirteen years here . geralt / Pixabay Scores from the National Assessment of Educational Progress came out today (Editor’s Note: this original post appeared several months ago), and lots of people, as
The Best Ed Tech Resources Of 2020 – Part One
My mid-year “Best” list posts continue… I’m adding this post to All 2020 Mid-Year “Best” Lists In One Place! I publish a regular series called Ed Tech Digest , and I thought it would useful to readers and to me to review them and highlight the ones I think are the best of the year. You can see previous editions of this list, along with all the “Best” lists related to ed tech, here . Here are my c
New PBS NewsHour Video Segment: “Parents fear anti-Asian racism as schools mull reopening”
GDJ / Pixabay I’m adding tonight’s PBS NewsHour segment to A BEGINNING LIST OF THE BEST RESOURCES FOR LEARNING ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS :
“Sexual Harassment & Assault in Schools”
Sexual Harassment & Assault in Schools is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. Six educators share stories of sexual harassment at school and offer recommendation of how teachers can respond to it, including through educating themselves and students alike. Here are some excerpts: I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Teaching About Sexual Harassment .
This Week’s “Round-Up” Of Useful Posts & Articles On Ed Policy Issues
Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in THE BEST ARTICLES, VIDEOS & POSTS ON EDUCATION POLICY IN 2019 – PART TWO ): Netflix’s billionaire founder is secretly building a luxury retreat for teachers in rural Colorado is from Vox. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The Role Of Private Foundations In Education Po
Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
BiljaST / Pixabay Six years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention. You might also be 
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007