Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, May 22, 2020

My Thoughts on the Election | Diane Ravitch's blog

My Thoughts on the Election | Diane Ravitch's blog

My Thoughts on the Election


I will vote for Joe Biden. I will vote for him with enthusiasm. The alternative is almost too horrible to contemplate.
Donald Trump is a wannabe fascist. Under Mitch McConnell’s direction (or control), Trump is filling the federal judiciary with rightwing extremists and incompetents. Trump is vicious. He has not an ounce of empathy. He is incompetent, and he has surrounded himself with incompetent lackeys, who are determined to dismantle the federal government and break every international institution created since 1945 to assure mutual cooperation. Given another four years, he will utterly destroy whatever is left of our government, ideals, our hopes for a better future, our belief in progress.
Joe Biden didn’t win the nomination because the Democratic establishment backed him. In fact, Biden was written off by the Democratic establishment after his CONTINUE READING: My Thoughts on the Election | Diane Ravitch's blog