Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, April 16, 2020

“I’m Bored:” Parenting in the Age of Remote Learning | Ed In The Apple

“I’m Bored:” Parenting in the Age of Remote Learning | Ed In The Apple

“I’m Bored:” Parenting in the Age of Remote Learning


My grand daughter gobbles down her PBN (peanut butter and Nutella) sandwich and runs to be on time for school, well, she slides over to the computer, puts on her earphones and joins her class.
I interview her.  She misses her classmates; she says it’s hard to concentrate. What does she like best: soccer practice in the evening, following a video of practicing her dribbling skills, and, she complains, “I’m bored.”
How often have you heard that from your kids?
For the last few weeks parents have been in a unique position; they have been able to both observe the behavior of their children: their mood swings, frustration, anger, the impact of remote learning and “sheltering in place.”
Websites are offering advice on how to assist your kids and yourself in this new world (See NYTimes article here.)
Down the road researchers and journalists will be taking a deep dive into this CONTINUE READING: “I’m Bored:” Parenting in the Age of Remote Learning | Ed In The Apple