Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 16, 2020

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY
The latest news and resources in education since 2007


REL Answered My Ed Research Question & They Can Answer Yours, Too

terimakasih0 / Pixabay Regional Educational Laboratories are publicly-supported organizations that do educational research and, as I’ve shared in the past, will do free research for educators who have specific questions (see Send An Ed-Related Research Question To One Of The Regional Educational Laboratories – And They’ll Answer It! ). I’ve also previously-shared some research they did for me on
Ed Tech Digest

Eight years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2019 – PART TWO , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this
New National Geographic Video: “Volcanoes 101”

Pexels / Pixabay I’m adding this new video from National Geographic to The Best Sites For Learning About Volcanoes :
New Video From NASA: “An Introduction to the James Webb Space Telescope Mission”

WikiImages / Pixabay NASA is supposed to launch the often-delayed James Webb Space Telescope in about a year, and released this video today talking about it. You might also be interested in what it’s replacing at The Best Sites To Learn About The Hubble Telescope .
A Look Back: “What Does It Mean To Be A Good Citizen?”

I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . One of my New York Times posts for English Language Learners several years ago was titled “What Does It Mean To Be A Good Citizen?” (note that The Times is having difficulties with older links and if you get an error message, just refr
Three Videos Explaining What Might Happen In The Impeachment Trial

Clker-Free-Vector-Images / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST TEACHING & LEARNING RESOURCES ABOUT IMPEACHMENT :
BBC Two-Minute “Explainer” Series

TheOtherKev / Pixabay I have links to a number of short video “Explainer” series from various news outlets at The Best Online “Explainer” Tools For Current Events, including ones from the BBC. Today, though, I discovered what appears to be yet another series that the BBC does – ones whose descriptions end with the words “…in two minutes.” You can find them all here . This is their latest:


A Look Back: “Getting students to engage — not just comply”

I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . Getting students to engage — not just comply is a piece I wrote for The 
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007