Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY 
 The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Most Popular Posts Of The Week

I’m making a change in the content of the regular feature. In addition to sharing the top five posts that have received the most “hits” in the preceding seven days (though they may have originally been published on an earlier date), I will also include the top five posts that have actually appeared in the past week. Often, these are different posts. You might also be interested in IT’S THE TWELFT

YESTERDAY

“Author Interview: ‘Culturally Responsive Education in the Classroom'”

Author Interview: ‘Culturally Responsive Education in the Classroom’ is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. In it, Adeyemi Stembridge talks about his new book, “Culturally Responsive Education In The Classroom: An Equity Framework for Pedagogy, including explaining the difference between “equity” and “equality.” Here are some excerpts:
A Look Back: “Shortcuts, School Reform and Private Foundations”

I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . Today, I’m featuring a piece I wrote for The Huffington Post years years ago titled Shortcuts, School Reform and Private Foundations. Here’s an excerpt:
The Best Resources To Learn About The Importance Of Teacher Modeling

mohamed_hassan / Pixabay I’ve written a lot in posts and in my books about the importance of teacher modeling and how, usually, if one of my lessons goes south (which happens more frequently than I would like), I can usually find the reason in lack of teacher modeling. Literacy researcher Timothy Shanahan has just written the best piece I’ve seen on the importance of modeling – and how to do it.
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On Connecting Current Events To The Classroom

My latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show is on connecting current events, including impeachment, to the classroom . I’m joined by Suzie Boss and Kristen Koppers, who have also contributed written commentaries to my Education Week Teacher column. I’m adding this show to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions .
This Year’s “Doodle for Google” Student Contest Opens

Google’s annual contest for students to create “Doodles” opened up today . They will accept entries until March 13th. Even though there’s only “one” national winner, they seem to have enough finalists for it to be worthwhile for students to participate with a decent chance of gaining some recognition.


Chinese (Lunar) New Year Takes Place On January 25th – Here Are Teaching & Learning Resources

nguyentuanhung / Pixabay Chinese (Lunar) New Year takes place on January 25th this year. You might be interested in The Best Resources For Chinese (Lunar) New Year.
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007