Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 23, 2019

Tier one and tier two and fixin’ to die. – Fred Klonsky

Tier one and tier two and fixin’ to die. – Fred Klonsky

TIER ONE AND TIER TWO AND FIXIN’ TO DIE

We have a Honda CRV that we bought in 2013.  Anne and I are both 71 and we don’t want to buy another car. Living in the city means there are plenty of transportation alternatives that don’t involve trying to find a parking spot after six in evening in Logan Square. Which is already impossible to do.
But we are hanging on to this one for as long as we can.
We take good are of the car so that it will last. Last week I took it in for a scheduled oil change and maintenance service. I change the wiper blades with the oil change even if they seem to be working okay.
Yesterday I received a customer survey and the final demographic question had to do with my age.
Most forms end with “65 and above,” which I think is stupid since there is a great deal of difference between a 65 year old and an 85 year old and I found it a little disturbing to be in the final category when I hit 65.
Honda’s last category ends at 49. Nothing above that.
I’m hoping my Honda CRV lasts a long time. It seems Honda does not hope the same for CONTINUE READING: Tier one and tier two and fixin’ to die. – Fred Klonsky