Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 25, 2018

ISTA and Stand for Children. For or Against? – Live Long and Prosper

ISTA and Stand for Children. For or Against? – Live Long and Prosper

ISTA and Stand for Children. For or Against?

WAITING FOR AN ANSWER
In my last post I wrote that ISTA was “joining” with Stand for Children (SFC) to work for more state funding for education. At least that’s what I think they meant when they said,
ISTA is reaching out to a broad number of groups to help achieve increased school funding and teacher compensation – Stand is just one of these organizations.
I don’t know any more details than that.
ISTA’s President told a colleague that we should talk to her directly instead of posting on social media. I admit…the first thing I did when I heard that ISTA was “reaching out” to SFC was to tweet a “say it isn’t so” tweet. Since then, however, I have emailed the leadership twice – once on October 21, and again on October 23.
[I understand that they are busy. I’m retired. The leadership of ISTA is not. I have noticed that they have been having a variety of meetings lately. So, I’m not complaining that I haven’t heard from them. I appreciate the work they do for the teachers of Indiana. That’s why I was a member every year that I taught, and have Continue reading: ISTA and Stand for Children. For or Against? – Live Long and Prosper