Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 3, 2017

The NEA RA. Random thoughts. | Fred Klonsky

The NEA RA. Random thoughts. | Fred Klonsky:

The NEA RA. Random thoughts

img_0063
As a delegate to the 2011 NEA RA surrounded by my friends in leadership.

Mike Antonucci, NEA union gadfly and reporter for his blog, is having a great time being banned from the press section of the Boston RA.
Look. It was a dopey move by the leadership. I’m thinking Mike is loving it.  Antonucci makes note of the irony in a tweet today.
It’s not as if the press section is overflowing with reporters. At my last convention a couple of years ago I went looking for Education Week’s Stephen Sawchuk who was writing as if he was there, only to discover he had left a couple days before the convention was over.
I should have been so lucky. I was there for three days of an NEA Retired meeting and then five more of the RA.
My sympathy for the anti-union Antonucci has limits. Aside from the fact that he should be allowed to cover the meeting as he has done for two decades (some strange fetish I would say) we agree on little else.


Bloggers, pro and anti-union, get little respect from the NEA.  As most readers would The NEA RA. Random thoughts. | Fred Klonsky: