Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Alfre Woodard Gives Life to Sojourner Truth SF Public School Mom

Alfre Woodard Gives Life to Sojourner TruthSF Public School Mom:

BHM Series #6: Alfre Woodard Gives Life to Sojourner Truth


In honor of Black History Month, I’m reposting a previous series. A few years ago, (2015 to be exact!) I challenged myself to write 28 posts highlighting African-American History. This year I finally reached my goal!!! Check out my original post below which appeared on February 3, 2015. To see more posts in this series, click here.

If you are a fan (like me) of the new hit series How to Get Away with Murder, you’ll love this.

“Ain’t I A Woman”, by Sojourner Truth as Read by Alfre Woodard

Actress Alfre Woodard performs a very moving piece from black abolitionist, and former slave, Sojourner Truth who delivered an impromptu speech before a gathering of feminists in Akron Ohio in 1851. (Click here to view this video directly on YouTube.)