Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Turtle Learning: 2016 WAS A VERY BAD YEAR... A so-so year...Ending in horror.

Turtle Learning: 2016 WAS A VERY BAD YEAR... A so-so year...Ending in horror.:

2016 WAS A VERY BAD YEAR... A so-so year...Ending in horror.


Have not felt much like writing these past few months.  Still physically recovering from the effects of chemo -- never really goes away 100%.   So glad to finally have the cats back at home. They are affectionate but mostly mischievous.  They climb up everything now - and Red eats the leaves of my plants.  Slim loves to attack bags of cat food before they are open.  Today they played hide-n-seek in the covers of my bed. 

I started this December 29 to look back at the year and try not to mourn about the year ahead.  But today I got even more devastating news that my friend Becky Borges has died.  She was a dear friend, and although we weren't that close, I felt as though I understood all that she had suffered being diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer several years ago.  She was sent to City of Hope where they used stem cell therapy to cure her.  I know I am getting the details wrong and hope I can read about it from someone.  She did well for quite some time, but the cancer had metastasized and they were unable to make her better in this last year.   

This year 2016 I have lost four friends to cancer. Not just acquaintances, but friends, people I admired and loved.  And then I was diagnosed this year as well.   All four people who died were so special, in that they were people who gave of themselves for the betterment of others.  They often put others before their own needs as well.  I sometimes wonder if that's why some people get sick -- that they 
Turtle Learning: 2016 WAS A VERY BAD YEAR... A so-so year...Ending in horror.: