Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 15, 2016

OKCPS principals' conflict borne of legacy problems - NonDoc

OKCPS principals' conflict borne of legacy problems - NonDoc:

OKCPS principals’ conflict borne of legacy problems


I have been dreading this post.
I had hoped to sidestep the questions raised by Tim Willert’s article Monday regarding the criticism OKCPS principals and vice principals have aimed at district leadership. Willert cited charges by principals that I had hoped to avoid, but his article also described issues that clearly merit more discussion. So, I am timidly tackling this controversy with the hope that I can contribute constructively and not complicate matters.
Willert reported that 113 principals and assistant principals signed a letter, stating, in part:
Our collective lack of confidence in the district’s direction results, in significant part, from the culture that the administration has created over the last two years.
I have nothing to contribute to the question of whether the current administration has made things worse, but I can wholeheartedly concur with the letter that, over the decades, “The district has created an environment that undermines the morale of the school administrators and is detrimental to the morale and welfare of the organization.”OKCPS principals' conflict borne of legacy problems - NonDoc: