Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, August 5, 2016

Laura’s Back and She Still Doesn’t Like Common Core

Laura’s Back and She Still Doesn’t Like Common Core:

Laura’s Back and She Still Doesn’t Like Common Core

little house

Summer is ending, and school is starting in some places. I hope parents and teachers will encourage students to read for fun even though the summer is over. Most who I know will do that.
I hope students will not be hampered by being made to time how much they read after school. I hope they won’t be bribed to read like it is some awful chore they must work through.
I especially hope that adults won’t push children to read before they are developmentally ready.
I also hope parents and teachers will read plenty of picture books and stories to children that are funny and exciting, and that they won’t stop every few seconds and test students to see if they listened. I promise you that they will listen if it is a good Laura’s Back and She Still Doesn’t Like Common Core: