California 'virtual' academies: Bill targets for-profit operator K12 Inc.
SACRAMENTO -- Online charter schools would be prohibited from hiring for-profit firms to provide instructional services under a new bill that the author says is a direct response to this newspaper's investigation of the company behind a profitable but low-performing network of "virtual" academies.
- K12 Inc.: Bay Area lawmakers call for audit of California Virtual Academies operator
- California Virtual Academies defend online charter schools as model of school choice
- K12 Inc. statement about investigation of California schools
- California Virtual Academy: San Mateo board's statement about investigation
- Documents: Financial, organizational ties between K12 Inc. and California Virtual Academies
- K12 Inc.: California Virtual Academies' operator exploits charter, charity laws for money, records show
- California Virtual Academies: Is online charter school network cashing in on failure?