Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Beautiful Teacher Struggle | The Jose Vilson

The Beautiful Teacher Struggle | The Jose Vilson:

The Beautiful Teacher Struggle

My Classroom
My feet on the ground actions are simple-not-easy. For the last three weeks sans EduCon weekend, I spent every “free” period plus lunch, after-school, and my birthday weekend grading papers. It’s the type of paper streak that makes non-teachers go from “Your job is so easy, plus you have summers and religious holidays off” to “You’re a saint, I don’t know how you deal with it.” It made writing for blogs and leisure seem like a thing I used to do in my fledgling past. It made hanging out with me perhaps intolerable because of my intolerance towards schooling and the disconnect between my own ideology and things I’ve asked to compromise on so I can stay in the classroom.
It’s like, stop it already.
Some people still think the only valid activism is the one on the streets when there’s clearly a battle The Beautiful Teacher Struggle | The Jose Vilson: